Silence is to be observed in the Library and Reading Room. Books issued are to be properly looked after and deposited on the due date.
- All pupils of the school are members of the library.
- A student can borrow only one book at a time.
- A student may ordinarily have a copy of a book for a week period. No book that is in great demand shall be Lent for more than four days.
- Books will be issued to students during the library periods mentioned in the Time-Table and also before the school hours. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching-hours.
- Reference books will not be issued. Every member will be allowed to consult any
reference book during the school hours and outside the school hours till 4:00 p.m.
- The librarian may call for a book at one time even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
- If the date of issue or return of books happens to be a holiday, both the issue and return of books shall stand postponed to the corresponding day of the following week.
- If the book is not returned at the expiry of the period of loan or after the Librarian has called for it even within the period of loan, a fine Rs.1/- per day of delay will be charged. Fine shall be collected by the Librarian and the fact notified in the defaulters card, until such a fine is collected from the defaulter, no book shall be issued to him or her.
- Absence is no excuse for the delay in return of the book after the expiry of the period of loan.
- In case a book is misused, wrongly handled or lost, the person concerned will have to pay the full price of the book.
- All markings, underlines and notations or defacing of books by any means are strictly forbidden. Fines shall be levied for violating this rule.
- Members shall carefully examine the book as soon as it is issued to him/her. Any mark (Spoil, damage etc.) shall be forthwith reported to the Librarian.
- Members shall not on any account, pass books to non-members.
- Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library room.
- Issue of the books shall be stopped by the 1st of March to the 30th April of every year. This helps annual stock taking and checking.
- No magazines or periodicals will be issued to the students. They are expected to read the same inside the library